Primary Health Networks (PHNs) have been established with the key objectives of increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of medical services for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes, and improving coordination of care to ensure patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time. (www.health.gov.au)
Australia has been divided into 31 PHN’s and all are responsible for developing Regional Suicide Prevention Action Plans.
Lived experience has a critical role to play in these plans and in meaningfully engaging community members to inform, enhance and influence how suicide is prevented in their area.
How we are working with PHN’s, LifeSpan, Commonwealth Trial Sites and Victorian Place Based Sites . . .
In order to support suicide prevention initiatives and the development of Regional Suicide Prevention Action Plans, Roses in the Ocean has been working closely with the LifeSpan project, and a number of Primary Health Networks, Commonwealth Trial Sites, Victorian Place Based Sites across Australia, providing a range of services.
- advisory service – who, when and how to engage lived experience people
- consulting services – various approaches for implementation of lived experience
- capacity building training – a suite of programs & workshops for community members with lived experience
- lived experience reference/advisory groups – recruitment, screening and training
- mentoring program – supporting lived experience people to play an active role in their community and PHN
- facilitation – of community forums, consultation groups, priority population consultations
- mentoring of all our program participants
- screening for a variety of forums, lived experience roundtables etc
- lived experience representatives for various projects, research, reference groups, events
- guest speakers – trained lived Voices of In-Sight lived experience speakers to attend events & forums
We are focussed on building a confident, trained and supported Lived Experience “Workforce” with the expertise and skills needed to bring the lived experience as a voice of change in all aspects of suicide prevention.
A selection of our clients:
Black Dog Institute
Brisbane North PHN
Central Queensland, Wide Bay, Sunshine Coast PHN
Western Queensland PHN
South Eastern Melbourne PHN
Eastern Melbourne PHN
North West Melbourne PHN
North Coast NSW PHN
Western Victoria PHN
WA North, WA South, Country WA PHN’s.
Country SA PHN