Australian Youth Suicide Prevention Summit
As youth suicide rates continue rising at an alarming rate in Australia, particularly in Indigenous communities, we have convened this policy, health and community sector-focused conference on the critical challenge of preventing youth suicide in Australia.
There are many complex challenges faced by young people in Australia and lowering levels of youth suicide will take a coordinated evidence-based multi stakeholder approach. The Australian Youth Suicide Prevention Summit, taking place on 12th – 15th November in Melbourne will connect the diverse range of workers throughout the country tackling this important issue to learn from one another and further develop a national approach to youth suicide prevention together.
Topics to be explored will include:
- Latest developments in evidence-based suicide prevention
- Strong case examples of multi-stakeholder approaches to suicide prevention
- Improving coordinated responses to suicide crisis at postvention stage
- Policy and public health led approaches to youth suicide prevention
- Youth mental health promotion and early intervention in schools and education institutions
- Empowering Aboriginal-led approaches to suicide prevention in Indigenous communities
Who will attend?
Key stakeholders involved in youth mental health and suicide prevention from:
- Hospitals and Local Health Districts
- Primary Health Networks
- Federal, State and Local Government
- Community Mental Health Providers
- Allied Psychological Services
- Schools and Tertiary Education Providers
- NGOs in Mental Health, Suicide Prevention, NDIS and Youth Services
- First Responders
- Leading Youth Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Research Groups
- Peak Bodies, Associations and Advocacy Groups
Book now using code CC*ROSESINTHEOCEAN to save $100 off the current rate.