A big thank you to all those who attended our LE Summit! 🌹
We’d like to express our deepest gratitude and respect for those involved in our Lived Experience of Suicide Summit. Your perspectives and insights have added an immense amount of value to the work we can all do collaboratively to make meaningful change within the suicide prevention sector, reduce emotional distress and help save lives.
Watch our LE Summit Showcase Video
Roses in the Ocean is very proud to be bringing you the Lived Experience of Suicide Summit 2021, sponsored by Black Dog Institute, Vic Gov, Queensland Health, Everymind and with headline sponsor, Beyond Blue. The LE Summit provides the opportunity to further explore and progress lived experience integration in suicide prevention policy, research, services and initiatives.
The LE Summit will provide the platform to continue to push the boundaries of thinking for innovative suicide prevention, ensuring that the voice of lived experience of suicide is central. The event is workshop based with a focus on collaborative projects, new concept exploration and robust discussions – all of which begin at the LE Summit and continue on after the event.
The LE Summit is the lead-in event to the IASP 31st World Congress, which is now being held completely online on 21-24 September 2021. Scroll down to read more about this important event.
BURSARY APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Lived Experience of Suicide Summit Workshops:
- Australian Institute for Suicide Research & Prevention (AISRAP): STARS Protocol: Enhancing Co-authorship of Commensurate Care
- Black Dog Institute: Creating a Disruptive Model for Suicide Care
- Switchboard: Defining LGBTIQA+ Inclusion: Pride in Lived Experience
- StandBy: Engaging Lived Experience in StandBy Support After Suicide
- Everymind: Supporting a Loved One, Family Member or Friend Experiencing Suicidal Distress
- Switchboard & Beyond Blue: Speaking Up and Speaking Out: Making Services More Inclusive through the Voices of LGBTIQA+ Lived Experience
- Roses in the Ocean: Co-Designing Suicide Prevention Peer Worker Training for Carers
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative: Our Collaborative Journey to Creating a Safe Space
- Australian Men’s Health Forum & Roses in the Ocean: Establishing a Men’s Lived Experience Network
- Roses in the Ocean: Peer CARE Connect: Mobilising a Volunteer Lived Experience Workforce
- Roses in the Ocean: Pop-Up Safe Spaces
- Beacon Strategies & Roses in the Ocean: Defining Outcomes & Measuring Impact in Suicide Prevention