Important . . . Roses in the Ocean does not provide crises intervention or counselling services.
If you are looking for support for yourself urgently, or are worried that someone’s life is in danger, call 000 for emergency help, or head to the nearest hospital.
Key national 24/7 crisis support services
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
- StandBy Support After Suicide Service is a 24-hour community-based, suicide postvention program for people bereaved by suicide.
- 1800 RESPECT 1800 737 732 – support is available for people experiencing violence and abuse.
Further Information on Suicide Prevention
Life in Mind suicide prevention portal
Head to Health mental health portal
SANE online forums
Mood Gym by the Australian National University
Conversations Matter resources on safe community discussion of suicide
National Support Services
- MensLine Australia 1300 789 97
- Open Arms Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service 1800 011 046
- QLife provides anonymous and free LGBTI peer support and referral for people in Australia
Australian Government eSafety commissioner