In 2021 Roses in the Ocean launched the Lived Experience of Suicide Informed & Inclusive Culture Change: suite of resources. These resources are the result of over a decade of work in lived experience of suicide and represents many voices from many communities across the country.
They were developed to guide service providers, organisations and government to engage, integrate and partner with people with lived experience of suicide as we collectively embrace a whole of community, whole of government, lived experience informed approach to suicide prevention.
The resources include:
- Lived Experience of Suicide Engagement Principles
- Lived Expeience of Suicide Engagement, Participation, and Integration Framework
- Lived Experience of Suicide Engagement, Participation, and Integration Implementation Toolkit
- Lived Experience of Suicide Engagement, Participation and Integration Decision and Evaluation Tools
- Building a Lived Experience Informed and Inclusive Culture: A practical guide for organisations
- Lived Experience of Suicide Language and Imagery Guide
- Co-designing with People with Lived Experience of Suicide: Planning Guide
- Co-designing Safe Spaces: Planning Guide
These resources, and the launch webinar can be found here.
Switchboard Victoria and Roses in the Ocean have come together to facilitate a co-design process seeking to expand on these resources through the development of a set of principles to guide suicide prevention service providers, organisations, and government to engage, integrate and partner with LGBTIQA+ people with a lived experience of suicide in the design, development and delivery of suicide prevention initiatives, policy, and services.
These resources will be community-developed and informed by a range of stakeholders from the LGBTIQA+ community. The information will be drawn from:
- voices from across LGBTIQA+ communities sharing their experiences of being engaged in suicide prevention activities and initiatives, and describing what good looks and feels like;
- targeted focus group conversations with Switchboard’s LGBTIQA+ Lived Experience of Suicide Network; and
- feedback opportunities across the wider LGBTIQA+ community and Switchboard Victoria.
The guidelines will also be informed by the learnings of Switchboard as they develop their LGBTIQA+ Network and deliver on contracted initiatives funded by the Victorian Department of Health.
The resulting resource will form part of Roses in the Ocean’s Lived Experience of Suicide Informed & Inclusive Culture Change suite of resources.
Would you like to contribute to this important work?
To share your story about what ‘good’ looks and feels like, please click below to complete the form by 18 April 2023.
If you would like to contribute through survey, please email Crystal at [email protected]. The survey will be emailed on 19 May 2023.
For further information please contact:
Head of Priority Populations and Partnerships