A big thank you to all those who attended our LE Summit!
We’d like to express our deepest gratitude and respect for those involved in our Lived Experience of Suicide Summit. Your perspectives and insights have added an immense amount of value to the work we can all do collaboratively to make meaningful change within the suicide prevention sector, reduce emotional distress and help save lives.
Watch our LE Summit Showcase Video
Roses in the Ocean was proud to hold the Lived Experience of Suicide Summit 2021 across two days in September, in the lead-up to the IASP 31st World Congress. The Summit, which was adapted to a fully virtual event in light of ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, was sponsored by Black Dog Institute, the Victorian Government, Queensland Health, Everymind and Beyond Blue, our headline sponsor.
The LE Summit provided the opportunity to further explore and progress lived experience integration in suicide prevention policy, research, services and initiatives. It provided a platform to continue to push the boundaries of thinking in suicide prevention and for ensuring that the voice of lived experience of suicide is front and centre.
The workshop-based event embraced a focus on collaborative projects, new concept exploration and robust discussions.
A big thank you to our sponsors – National Mental Health Commission, Queensland Mental Health Commission and Brisbane North PHN – for enabling us to provide bursaries to those who otherwise would have been unable to attend the Summit.
Lived Experience of Suicide Summit Workshops
- Australian Institute for Suicide Research & Prevention (AISRAP): STARS Protocol: Enhancing Co-authorship of Commensurate Care
- Black Dog Institute: Creating a Disruptive Model for Suicide Care
- Switchboard: Defining LGBTIQA+ Inclusion: Pride in Lived Experience
- StandBy: Engaging Lived Experience in StandBy Support After Suicide
- Everymind: Supporting a Loved One, Family Member or Friend Experiencing Suicidal Distress
- Switchboard & Beyond Blue: Speaking Up and Speaking Out: Making Services More Inclusive through the Voices of LGBTIQA+ Lived Experience
- Roses in the Ocean: Co-Designing Suicide Prevention Peer Worker Training for Carers
- Illawarra Shoalhaven Suicide Prevention Collaborative: Our Collaborative Journey to Creating a Safe Space
- Australian Men’s Health Forum & Roses in the Ocean: Establishing a Men’s Lived Experience Network
- Roses in the Ocean: Pop-Up Safe Spaces
- Beacon Strategies & Roses in the Ocean: Defining Outcomes & Measuring Impact in Suicide Prevention