For every person to have access to effective suicide prevention that is informed or led by people with lived experience of suicide.
Roses in the Ocean exists to save lives and reduce emotional distress and pain.
At our heart and soul are people with a lived experience of suicide. We are dedicated to empowering those with a lived experience to find their voice, and to build their capacity to bring their insights and wisdom to suicide prevention.
We seek to lead the significant cultural shift needed to save lives through harnessing the perspectives of all we represent, along with our own lived experience of suicide. With our actions driven and guided by those with a lived experience of suicide, we innovate and transform suicide prevention, and drive and deliver system reform. We support organisations and government to effectively and meaningfully integrate lived experience expertise into suicide prevention.
Our key focus is on:
- Implementing innovative solutions co-designed with community to meet individual and collective needs.
- Developing and supporting the Lived Experience workforce and Suicide Prevention Peer Workforce.
- Driving reform towards a genuine ‘no wrong door’ approach by supporting all services to embrace a lived experience of suicide informed practice.
- Delivering best-practice capacity building training and service delivery, the impact of which is measured and reported on.
- Providing respected leadership in lived experience of suicide to individuals, the sector and government.
- Building depth and sustainability into the lived experience of suicide movement, our organisation, individuals, communities, services and workforces.
- Life – We cherish and embrace the journey that is life. We value our own and others’ physical, emotional and mental health and wellbeing.
- Connection – We value authentic, compassionate and respectful connection.
- Humility – We practice humility, acknowledging our own and others’ knowledge and skills, and lived experiences of suicide, and the limitations of each.
- Deep Listening – We respect the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ practice of deep listening and value the learning this brings.
- Collaboration – We thrive on collaboration to build the enriching and empowering relationships needed to achieve meaningful outcomes.