How can we add value to your work?
For over more than a decade, Roses in the Ocean has developed best practice in the engagement, integration and partnership with people with lived experience of suicide. We have contributed to suicide prevention strategic planning at local, regional and state levels, held representative and chairing roles on expert advisory groups for organisations and government, and worked collaboratively across the suicide prevention sector in areas of research, service design and delivery, and policy.
Our entire team has a lived experience of suicide, we have an extensive national Lived Experience Collective of trained and supported LE representatives, and have the privilege of walking alongside people with lived experience of suicide in our communities right across Australia every day. This privilege enables us to act as a real time conduit of information, insights and innovation to drive the change we need to ensure people have the suicide prevention system we need to save lives and reduce emotional pain and distress.
To this end, Roses in the Ocean offers our unique lived experience expertise in the form of pairing our lived experience with consulting and advisory skills both nationally and internationally, to community groups, Primary Health Networks, sector and corporate organisations, and government. We match specific expertise amongst our team and broader Lived Experience Collective to meet your needs.
Areas of focus may include:
- identify opportunities for and support the integration and partnership with people with lived experience of suicide
- conduct work place audits on the appetite and readiness for lived experience integration
- implementation of the Lived Experience of Suicide Engagement, Partnership and Integration Framework (LESEPI Framework)
- input into strategic suicide prevention plans / implementation plans
- inform policy direction
- run consultation processes
- facilitate co-design
- plan for and embed lived experience expertise in governance structures
- work with organisations to support internal lived experience staff confidently bring their insights to their work
- develop local and regional Lived Experience Reference Groups for Primary Health Networks, sector and corporate organisations
- advise on and/or co-design program design, delivery and distribution
- language and imagery content review and recommendations – communications, websites, training materials, event marketing
For additional information review our Lived Experience of Suicide Informed and Inclusive Culture Change suite of resources.