TouchPoints Community Suicide Prevention Workshops | Nepean Blue Mountains PHN
We all have a role to play in suicide prevention
Learn how to confidently recognise and respond to suicide.
Roses in the Ocean and Nepean Blue Mountains PHN are working together to build suicide pre- and post-vention capacity in the Nepean Blue Mountains communities. This workshop is suitable for anyone who is keen to build their skills and knowledge on how to recognise and respond to people who are at risk or have been impacted by suicide.
These workshops are FREE TO ATTEND!
Share these workshops with your friends, family and colleagues. Feel free to bring a friend!
On completion of this workshop, you can expect to have:
- Attained a deeper understanding and appreciation of the complexity of suicide
- Increased awareness of warning signs and invitations for help
- Increased confidence & capacity to engage with people in crises
- Improved confidence to connect a person at risk of suicide with support
- An appreciation of the importance of self-care and practical tools to implement
- ‘Debunked’ commonly held suicide myths with facts and lived experience
- Practical ways in which to support someone bereaved through suicide
- Knowledge on how best to support someone’s return to the workplace
- These interactive workshops are delivered by Roses in the Ocean trained lived experience facilitators.
Wednesday, 14 February 2024 | Location: Upper Blue Mountains, NSW
Thursday, 15 February 2024 | Location: Lithgow, NSW
Friday, 16 February 2024 | Location: Lower Blue Mountains, NSW
Saturday, 17 February 2024 | Location: Hawkesbury, NSW
Wednesday, 3 April 2024 | Location: Blue Mountains, NSW
Friday, 5 April 2024 | Location: Blue Mountains, NSW
Saturday, 6 April 2024 | Location: Blue Mountains, NSW
*All workshops are held from 9am – 1pm (AEDT)
How do I register?
Please click below to register to attend one of the above workshops. If you have any questions about the online registration, please call us on 1300 411 461 and we will help.