Upon completing Roses in the Ocean training, people are often keen to become involved with us. Some of our members have become:
- Mentors – provide guidance, preparation and debriefing to people as they engage in suicide prevention activities by joining our National Mentoring Program
- Readiness Callers – assist people to make informed decisions about their readiness to become involved and join a workshop
- Facilitators – our facilitators all have lived experience of suicide, established facilitation skills and undergo rigorous training and on the job development
- Speakers Hub – we are often asked for our wonderful lived experience speakers who have been trained through the exceptional ‘Voices of In-Sight’ program
- Staff – a number of Roses in the Ocean staff have been drawn from our Lived Experience Collective as and when opportunities have presented themselves
It is important to note that payment is offered for all of these roles. The receipt of payment from Roses in the Ocean is as a contractor and receipt of funds may have implications for the recipient’s personal financial and taxation affairs, including eligibility for pensions, support payments and concessions.
Further, on acceptance of some of these roles you may be required to obtain your own professional indemnity insurance, enter into agreements with Roses in the Ocean Ltd and arrange to provide invoices and other forms for payment. We encourage our Lived Experience Collective to obtain their own financial and taxation advice appropriate for their personal circumstances.