At Roses in the Ocean, we believe that collaboration is essential when developing, reviewing and implementing any suicide prevention strategy, policy, service, program or activity. We pride ourselves on our highly collaborative nature and know that while lived experience of suicide is a critical part of everything, it is through pooling our expertise with others’ that we can best meet the needs of people within our communities.
Our strong collaborative beliefs ensure that we work alongside Government, Mental Health Commissions, Primary Health Networks, Community groups, Suicide Prevention Networks, Non-Government Organisations and corporate organisations.
We are guided by the following when determining our collaborative partnerships:
- are we the natural owner?
- can we add meaningful value?
- do we have the resources to deliver?
- is it truly collaborative and inclusive?
It is critical that strategic plans including their implementation and ongoing operationalisation are informed and shaped by people with a lived experience of suicide and that lived experience oversight is embedded as a mechanism of ongoing guardianship through evaluation and continuous improvement processes.
Roses in the Ocean is available to work closely with Primary Health Networks, organisations, state, territory and national governments to support the development and implementation of suicide prevention strategic plans and organisational strategic plans.
- strategic planning – development and/or review
- engagement, integration and partnership with people with lived experience of suicide
- co-design of new or enhanced services
- adaptation of content for specific population groups
- research partner, research assistants, client investigator
- consortium partner for enhanced project outcomes
- facilitation – of community forums and consultation groups
- capacity building training for people with lived experience and general community members
- lived experience reference/advisory groups – recruitment, screening and training
- guest speakers – trained Voice of In-Sight lived experience speakers