Mentoring call-back service
Roses in the Ocean is committed to supporting the members of our Lived Experience Collective. We invite them to access two main avenues for ongoing connection and support:
- Our Mentoring Call Back Service
- The Collective’s closed facebook page
All of our Mentors have their own lived experience of suicide and have been actively involved in suicide prevention activity for some time.
Mentoring involves one-on-one phone conversations, texts or emails, depending on how the person wishes to connect. Ongoing Mentoring ensures members are supported as they develop their skills and contributions within suicide prevention.
The Collective’s closed Facebook page provides members the opportunity to maintain connections, expand their perspectives on suicide, and reach out to anyone who expresses distress, in a safe online environment managed by Roses in the Ocean mentors and staff.
We also recognise that our Mentors require support and ongoing skill development, and as such are provided with opportunities to connect with each other and for further skill development to assist them in their roles. They also have access to clinical supervision provided by Roses in the Ocean through partner relationships.
To access the Mentoring Call Back Service members can call 1300 411 461, and we will arrange a call back from a trained Roses in the Ocean Mentor.
Our Roses in the Ocean Mentors are able to:
- Provide support and guidance to assist you prepare for a meeting/ workshop
- Debrief after any activity where you have utilised your lived experience to contribute
- Assist in refining your lived experience story
- Prepare for media interviews – print, radio or TV
- Brainstorm ideas for your lived experience engagement
- People who have completed lived experience training with Roses in the Ocean are able to request a call back from one our wonderful Mentors.
We look forward to being able to continue to support the wonderful contributions you make to suicide prevention through your lived experience of suicide.