All Roses in the Ocean capacity-building workshops are lived experience informed, designed and delivered by professional facilitators who also have a personal lived experience of suicide.
Working Together is a full day workshop aimed at supporting groups of community members who have come together for the purpose of establishing and managing volunteer services, suicide prevention networks and community events. These working groups often consist of a wide range of people from all walks of life with different backgrounds, experience, skills, communication styles and ideas.
This workshop supports these groups of individuals to discover their united purpose, values and ways of working. Attendees will be provided with tools, models and activities aimed to assist in the development of the strong foundation needed to ensure the group functions well, remains focused on the reason they have joined together and sustainable over time. All of these foundational building blocks are essential to achieving outcomes and impact in community.
On completion of this program, you can expect to be able to:
- Developed an understanding as to the motivations of each working group member.
- Group consensus on the reason for being and collective why.
- Reviewed what has worked in other environments and any areas of potential weakness.
- Established a process for holding courageous conversations and aligning inner voices.
- An understanding of the impact of individual choice on collective performance.
- Established values and aligned behaviours.
- Set project timelines, performance expectations and measures of performance.
Who is the program for?
This workshop has been designed for groups of community members who have come together around a common cause and recognise the importance of understanding and appreciating each other’s strengths and unique contributions.
It empowers groups to plan and act in a way that supports sustainability of the group and therefore longevity of the project, event or service for which they have come together to deliver.
This workshop can be delivered in person or online.