All Roses in the Ocean capacity-building workshops are lived experience informed, designed and delivered by professional facilitators who also have a personal lived experience of suicide.
This two-hour workshop, designed in conjunction with Everymind’s MindFrame Project, provides you with the knowledge, confidence and skills to engage positively with media. The development of these skills is vital, as sharing your lived experience story through any form of media requires careful consideration and planning.
On completion of this program, you can expect to be able to:
- Articulate with confidence to the media the need for them to adhere to the MindFrame guidelines for safe reporting of suicide
- Explain and use safe and appropriate language when discussing suicide
- Communicate the key messages of your lived experience with
- Understand the potential ramifications of sharing your story with media
- Prepare answers to common questions asked by media when writing about suicide
- Prepare your personal media template
What happens after the program?
You will have access to your Roses in the Ocean Mentor before and after all media engagements, for preparation and debrief.
Who is the program for?
This workshop is for anyone with a lived experience of suicide who wishes to engage in media activity for the purpose of suicide prevention. Completion of the ‘Our Voice in Action’ program is a preferred pre-requisite for this workshop.