All Roses in the Ocean capacity-building workshops are lived experience informed, designed and delivered by professional facilitators who also have a personal lived experience of suicide.
LaunchPad is an empowering one-day workshop designed to assist community-based suicide prevention action groups to use their lived experience in a planned, coordinated and impactful manner. Given the importance and urgency of the work being undertaken, the LaunchPad framework is designed to move people to action, within a strategic process that keeps things simple and straightforward. LaunchPad is a key success factor to sustainability of lived experience within community.
On completion of this program, you can expect to have:
- Understanding of your community-based mission, values and areas of important focus.
- Clarity of the structures, roles and responsibilities within your group.
- Appreciation of and plan to leverage the individual expertise and gifts within your group.
- Shared expectations of behavioural standards that will apply to your interactions.
- Awareness of the barriers that stand in your way and ways to address those in your strategy.
- An agreed action plan for all members of your group.
- Planned meeting focus for the next six months.
This accreditation is designed to assure the safety, quality and efficacy of Australia’s suicide prevention programs and includes a formal independent assessment against the Suicide Prevention Australia Standards for Quality Improvement.